Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Working With God

A reflection by Mother Maria-Michael Newe based on the Scripture readings: Mt 13:44-46 and Jer 18:1-6.

I was thinking today about God’s excitement to show us the way. Would we be excited to go on a treasure hunt with God? Would we be excited to know that He has a pearl for us in the field of Scriptures that’s ours to find? What is the pearl in Scriptures for us?

And when we hear in Jeremiah about going to the potter’s shop, what caught me was seeing that God isn’t rigid. The evil one says “It’s my way or the highway”; but God says “Well, I’ll work with you.” How do we live in life? Is it: “my way or the highway”? Or is it: “I want to work with you. I want to be with you and work together to make something beautiful. That in all things God may be glorified"?

God is working with you. He’s not rigid. He says, “Let’s make something beautiful in life.”

No comments: